Below are our most frequently asked questions about pets and CBD. If you don’t see your question here, please contact us!
Dosing & Administering Questions
It really depends on why you are giving Cannanine to your pet. If anxiety, you may see the effect within 30-60 minutes (if the dosing is correct).
If you are giving to help with joint pain, it may take a longer period of time for the body to respond. We recommend allowing 2-4 weeks for full effect.
Please reach out to our product specialists who can give you a more exact answer. Also – they can answer dosing and frequency questions as well.
Fortunately, it appears to be extremely difficult to give a large enough dose of CBD to seriously harm an animal. Unlike the THC, the toxicity of CBD appears negligible. With that said, you should always start slow when introducing any new supplement to your dog’s diet. Occasionally, the Hemp Seed carrier oil can upset a dog’s stomach if they are not use to a little extra fat in their diet. Fortunately, this is rare and only temporary.
Our Cannanine CBD oil can be given directly to your pet’s mouth (sublingual absorption, which is fastest) or placed on their food or favorite treat.
Because every pet’s situation is unique, we’d recommend discussing CBD oil administration with your veterinarian if your pet is already taking prescription medications.
Cannanine CBD Questions
The 2 organic ingredients in Cannanine™ (Hemp Seed Oil and CBD oil) are human grade ingredients. The team here at iHeartDogs uses the CBD oil for both ourselves and our pets!
However, because we are a pet products company, our labeling and insurance restrictions require us to put “For animal use only” on the label.
No, Cannanine is 100% THC free.
Our product is made from Full-Spectrum hemp extract, but all THC has been removed. It provides a full-spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, minus the THC. Sometimes, this is referred to as broad spectrum.
Other brands of pet CBD products often contain small amounts of THC, but we believe 0% THC is the safest option for your pet. Ask any veterinarian, THC poisoning is a very real and dangerous thing. Removing ALL the THC adds to the cost, but leads to the safest possible product for your dog or cat.
Our most popular product by far is our CBD oil tincture. The oil can be given directly to your dog’s mouth (fastest absorption) or put over their food or treats.
Need more help choosing? View our guide: Which CBD Product is Best for My Dog?
If stored in a dark, cool environment, your CBD oil should stay fresh for up to 12 months. If you notice a change in consistency, taste, or smell, the oil may be losing its freshness.
Ordering & Shipping Questions
Your Cannanine CBD order is carefully shipped from Anaheim, CA. It is shipped within 1 – 2 business days of when the order is placed, excluding holidays. Transit time varies from 2 – 4 days typically. You will receive an email with tracking info. once your product has shipped.
Domestic Orders (within USA) are typically received within 5-7 business days.
International Orders are typically received within 3-5 weeks once shipped.
We use a variety of carriers for delivery to our customers: Domestic orders ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx. International orders are sent via UPS Mail Innovations with the local postal service making the final delivery.
We do ship to most countries. We are not able to ship this product to the following countries:
- Dominican Republic
- New Zealand
We are also unable to ship to countries in the EU at this time: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Yes, Cannanine is legal in all 50 states. Because our product contains 0% THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) it is legal in all 50 states.
Additional Pet CBD Resources
Need more information about CBD for dogs and cats? We’ve put together these in-depth resources:
- The Ultimate Guide to CBD for Dogs
- The Ultimate Guide to CBD for Cats
- 8 Things To Consider Before Purchasing CBD Oil for Your Dog
- 4 Reasons Senior Dog Owners Are Flocking to CBD Oil
Pain & Inflammation:
- CBD for Pain Management in Dogs: A Beginner’s Guide
- Can CBD Oil Help My Dog’s Joint Pain and Mobility?
- Can CBD Oil Can Help My Dog’s Separation Anxiety?
- How I Cured My Siberian Husky’s Severe Separation Anxiety with CBD Oil & Training
- Can CBD Oil Can Help Reduce My Dog’s Excessive Barking?
- Can CBD Oil Help with My Dog’s Aggression?
- Can CBD Oil Help My Dog’s Anxiety and Nausea In The Car?
- Can CBD Oil Help My Dog’s Fear of Fireworks?
- Can CBD Oil Help My Dog’s Fear of Thunderstorms?
Other Health Conditions
- CBD & Your Dog’s Allergies: How Cannabidiol May Help Your Itchy Scratchy Dog
- Why CBD Oil May Be Helpful For Dogs With Seizures
- 6 Ideas To Help Your Dog Sleep Through The Night
Research & Studies
- What Clinical Trials or Scientific Studies Have Been Performed on CBD & Dogs?
- Does CBD Really Work? We Polled 400+ Dog Owners And Here’s What They Said
Other Resources & Questions
- Which CBD Product is Best for My Pet: Oil, Soft Chews, or Baked Treats?
- What Dosage of CBD Oil Should I Give My Dog?
- Can The Same CBD Oil Be Taken By People AND Dogs?
- Can I Give Human CBD Oil to My Dog?
- What Are The Possible Side Effects of CBD with Dogs?
- What Are The Best Ways To Administer CBD Oil To A Dog?
- How Long Before CBD Starts Working for My Dog?
- Why Won’t My Veterinarian Talk To Me About CBD Oil?
- CBD Oil Tinctures vs. CBD Treats for Dogs: Which Is Better?
- What’s The Difference Between Hemp and Marijuana?
Have More Questions? Join our CBD Oil Facebook Group!
Exciting news! We just launched our private FB group for people using CBD oil for their dogs and cats. This group is a fantastic resource for:
- Seeking advice from experienced CBD oil users
- Sharing successes and struggles
- Nothing off limits: Ask the group anything!