CBD Oil for Pugs: How CBD from Hemp Can Help Your Pug’s Joint Pain & More
How Can CBD Help Your Pug?
Many pug owners have recently discovered the benefits of CBD (cannabidiol) oil. Last year, several studies released data showing very promising results in using CBD to support a wide variety of uses in dogs.
Research is showing CBD may be useful to your pug in the following ways:
- Supporting aging, painful, and stiff joints
- Fights separation anxiety, noise anxiety, and travel anxiety – promoting a sense of calm
- Studies have shown CBD can reduce the occurrence of seizures in dogs
- Some research suggests CBD’s role as an anti-inflammatory can help relieve symptoms of allergies and itching in dogs, promoting a sense of calm
What Dosage of CBD Should I Give to My Pug
Dosing CBD isn’t an exact science, and its important to find what works best for your pug’s needs. Always start small and slow. While adverse reactions and side-effects to CBD are rare, sometimes the carrier oil can cause stomach upset in dogs if they take too much too soon. In general, here’s the CBD dosing range we’d recommend for pugs:
- 5 pounds: 0.5mg – 3 mg
- 10 pounds: 1 mg – 5 mg
- 20 pounds: 2 mg – 10 mg
- 30 pounds: 3 mg – 15 mg
- 40 pounds: 4 mg – 20 mg
For pain, you’ll need to allow 2-4 weeks to see best results. For anxiety, many pug owners see results in as little as 30-60 minutes.
What’s The Best Way to Give CBD Oil to a Pug?
If your pug allows it, consider giving the CBD oil directly in their mouth with the dropper. This method allows for best and fastest absorption since the oil is absorbed sublingually (in the tongue and gums) and bypasses the digestive system.
If your pug won’t allow for giving oil directly to their mouth, don’t sweat it. You can also place CBD oil directly on their food or their favorite treat. We also recommend some great bacon flavored CBD soft chews or baked treats for easy administration.
How to Find the Best CBD Oil for Your Pug
When choosing a hemp CBD product for your pug, you’ll want to keep in mind the following important points:
- Always review the certificate of analysis (COA) to ensure the product contains CBD, and no THC which can be toxic to pugs (most CBD oils contain trace amounts of THC). You can view examples of COAs here.
- Always choose a CBD oil made from organic hemp: The hemp plant has the unique ability to soak up toxins from the soil. As a result, choosing an organic product is an absolute must.
- For dogs, always choose a CBD product that is 100% free of THC, which can be toxic to shepherds
The Only CBD Oil Endorsed by iHeartDogs & The Perfect Choice for Your Pug
Cannanine was developed specifically for dogs. In addition to being organic, 3rd party batch tested, each sale of our CBD oil provide healthy donated meals to animal shelters and rescues!
Choose The Right Relief For Your Pup
100% Money Back Guarantee
PLUS Up To 40% Off When You Shop Today
Popular Articles On CBD For Dogs
- How CBD Oil Can Help Reduce Your Dog’s Excessive Barking
- How Long Before CBD Oil Starts Working for My Dog?
- How Often Can I Give My Dog CBD Oil?
- How Long Do The Effects Of CBD Oil Last For Dogs?
- What Are Possible CBD Side Effects For Dogs?
- Top 5 Ways To Administer CBD Oil To A Dog
- How CBD Oil Can Increase Your Dog’s Appetite And Prevent Nausea & Vomiting
- How CBD Oil May Help Your Dog Sleep Better
- Can CBD Oil Help Your Dog’s Anxiety and Nausea In The Car?
- 4 Reasons Senior Dog Owners Are Flocking to CBD Oil
- CBD Oil and Gabapentin Dogs
- CBD Oil Tinctures vs. CBD Treats for Dogs: Which Is Better?